Remember, you only need to choose 5 of these.
Which 5 should you choose? Maybe the easiest to deal with?
- Implement drug-formulary checks,
- Incorporate clinical lab-test results into certified EHR technology as structured data,
- Generate lists of patients by specific conditions to use for quality improvement, reduction of disparities, research or outreach,
- Send reminders to patients per patient preference for preventive/follow-up care,
- EPs Only: Provide patients with timely electronic access to their health information (including lab results, problem list, medication lists, medication allergies) within 4 business days of the information being available to the EP,
- Use certified EHR technology to identify patient-specific education resources and provide those resources to the patient, if appropriate,
- The EP or CAH who receives a patient from another setting of care or provider of care or believes an encounter is relevant should perform medication reconciliation,
- The EP or CAH who receives a patient from another setting of care or provider of care or refers their patient to another provider of care should provide a summary of care record for each transition of care or referral,
- Capability to submit electronic data to immunization registries or Immunization Information Systems and actual submission in accordance with applicable law and practice.
- Capability to submit electronic syndromic surveillance data to public health agencies and actual submission in accordance with applicable law and practice.
See Core Objectives