Nope, not speak like a pirate day.
That is me censoring and keeping things clean here.
- Government Contractor
- Laptop Stolen from office
- CD-ROM in laptop had data on 207,000 Reservists
- Why was data not encrypted?
- Why was data on a CD-ROM?
- What is going on here?
PHI on a mobile device (laptop/external hard drive/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/thumbdrive) that is not encrypted is just asking for disaster.
Don’t let this happen to you.
- Don’t let PHI out of your office
- Don’t put PHI on a CD-ROM
- Don’t put PHI on a thumbdrive
- If you must do one of the above, make sure you encrypt the device