Meaningful Use Risk Assessment
A Required Core Item for…
Stage 1, Stage 2…
Meaningful Use Core Set Objectives require that you
“Ensure adequate privacy and security protections for personal health information”
What does this mean?
The Federal Regulations say:
“Conduct or review a security risk analysis per 45 CFR 164.308(a)(1) and implement updates as necessary and correct identified security deficiencies as part of this analysis.”
Again…what does this mean? You must conduct a Risk Assessment of your office and the way your practice operates.
It means you are being pushed into HIPAA compliance via Meaningful Use.
…Don’t worry…We’ve made this easy for you.
Our Meaningful Use Risk Assessment Kit is a paint-by-numbers simple process to ensure you are compliant with this requirement.
What is included?
Mainly a detailed Meaningful Use Risk Assessment.
Additionally there are Policies and Checklists for the following:
- Risk Analysis…
- Risk Management…
- Sanction Policy…
- Information System Activity Review
These include the required Security Standards which require that you:
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all electronic protected health information the covered entity creates, receives, maintains, or transmits.
- Protect against any reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information.
- Protect against any reasonably anticipated uses or disclosures of such information that are not permitted or required under subpart E of this part.
- Ensure compliance with this subpart by its workforce (this means HIPAA Awareness Training).
- To help with that sick feeling in your stomach that you really don’t know what is going on…we include our Meaningful Use Risk Assessment Conference Call. This is a FREE 45-minute conference call (a $180 value) gives you unrestricted access to our experts to ask us anything.
- The Exceptions Worksheet – ‘bet you didn’t know that many of the Core and Menu set requirements have exceptions…but even better is each exception counts as a completed item! We walk you the each exception to see which ones you qualify for.
- Meaningful Use Scorecard – a simple to use spreadsheet that instantly tells you if you qualify